3.05.2013

awkward moments

picture has nothing to do with the post. it's just weird which sometimes can mean awkward.
for instance, yesterday i'm in the shower {this should be good} mentally writing the grocery list -- eggs, milk, bread, creamer, RAVORS {always needing those} & i hear the girls barking. that's usually a warning sign. see we live on a beautiful property. surrounded by woods & a lovely lake. we have no neighbors, which sounds a little creepy but really nice actually. you can't see the road from the house, that's how far back the driveway goes. so with that being said, we don't see many passerby-er's.

well i hear the girls barking like mad. i'm immediately trying to remember if the front door's locked because, like i said, we don't have to worry about people. then i'm telling myself {literally talking out loud} that M decided to take a sick day {another story}. well the girls are still barking -- getting louder too. so i panic. get out of the shower. wrap up in a towel & head to the front door...

phew! it's only the UPS man. well then i panic again. do i answer the door naked? yes, i did. super awkward moment got more awkward when he stared at me & said "oh gosh! i'm so sorry! you don't look like philip stewart." i assured him i was not mr. stewart while he stared at his feet then ran away.

i laughed to myself & thought "i should tweet about this." {cause that's everyone's initial thought after something awkward these days} i finished my shower & headed to the grocery store.

no longer thinking about UPS guy, i'm walking into the store with my list in hand when i notice the UPS truck parked out front. i laugh a little about this morning & then BAM! there he is! he steps into his truck when we make eye contact. he had his mouth open & i think i blushed a little. i mean what are the chances?! that's when i thought "i need to blog about this."

let's share our awkward moments with each other. is there a link-up for that? if not, there should be. i'd have something to write about every week ;)

xoxo

10 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness I love this so much! That is a great story! That poor confused UPS man! There's no telling what he's thinking about all this! I wonder if UPS man has a blog and is writing a post saying "So today this woman answers the door naked! And it wasn't even the right house! It was so awkward for me to tell the woman I was wrong. But here's whats worse! I saw her a few hours later at a store! Thankfully she had clothes on by then. But really! What are the chances?" haha!
    http://collectivelycaitlin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I like to think that's exactly what he's doing right now :) How hilarious! Thanks Caitlin!!

      Delete
  2. Bahaha! That's great :) I can't believe you ran into him again the very same day... Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha! that's hilarious! i'm so glad you shared! i love reading others awkward stories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, what a crazy coincidence that you would see the same UPS guy! I love reading these kinds of awkward situations--I have tons of them but never think to blog about it. I'll have to do that next time it happens. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahah oh gosh it was royally embarrassing! definitely write about your awkward moments when they happen. they make for a good laugh :)

      Delete
  5. Hahaha! That is pretty awkward, and I thought my life was filled with crazy awkward moments like that! :P
    Also, the whole "I should tweet about this" is me to a T. It's pretty lame to admit, but I'm glad I'm not the only one that has that initial thought after something happens!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahah thanks steven! who doesn't think to tweet every awkward moment in one's day :p

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...